2.2

2010 Toyota Tundra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Tundra:

2010 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jan 182016

Tundra

The gas gauge is no longer giving accurate readings of how much gas is in the gas tank. The gas was at 1/4 of a tank and while I was driving it it completely died on me. When I tried to start it it wouldn't turn over the aaa guy said it sounded like the fuel pump might have gone out. I took it to my mechanic who said he just fixed the same problem but on a Toyota sequoia which it ended up being the gas gauge not reading how much gas is actually in the tank. After inspection of my truck he said that the gas gauge was bad and needed to be replaced and it was the same issue the Toyota sequoia had that he fixed. My truck is only 5 years old and only has 70,000 miles on it, it shouldn't be giving me these problems already.

- Fontana, CA, USA