2011 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tundra:

2011 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Dec 172016

Tundra

On 12/17/2016 my daughter and I had a head-on collision. The passenger side airbags deployed fine and prevented my daughter from having any major injuries. My driver's side airbag popped out of the steering wheel but didn't inflate. Due to the airbag not deploying properly I hit my head on the steering wheel. This caused me to be transported by ambulance to the local hospital where I received stitches in my forehead and continue to suffer from a dizziness/headaches - concussion. I have asked my insurer usaa and their contracted inspectors to inspect the driver's airbag without success. Apparently you need to hire your own engineers or inspectors to conduct an inspection. I have tried to locate one in wv without success. Usaa wants to close out the claim and salvage/auction my vehicle. I would like to get an inspection done first. I'm not sure how to proceed on this but wanted to report the incident to prevent others from having to experience this and hopefully save lives if this is a widespread issue. Thanks for your time.

- Bridgeport, WV, USA

Mar 032014

Tundra

I bought my Tundra with 7 miles on it so I know its not neglect that causes this problem it's poor quality part..the clock spring under the steering wheel is malfunctioning my horn doesn't work it only has 60K on it I've been a loyal Toyota technician as well as II\ owned a few I called the hotline (Toyota)theirs nothing they could do for me I will not recommend Toyota to my customers any longer poor quality parts cost the consumer not the dealer its a shame the once mighty Toyota Corp has become just like the american counterparts

- Lawrence, MA, USA

Aug 112012

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

2011 Toyota Tundra. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle air bags and transmission malfunction. The consumer stated her husband turned down the wrong street, and when he went to turn around, he put the vehicle in reverse, and stepped on the gas, but the vehicle went forward over a forty foot embankment and ran into a large boulder and a tree. When the vehicle stopped it was still in reverse and the air bags did not deploy. The consumer stated the main issue, was the vehicle was in reverse, but the truck went forward. According to eye witnesses, it appeared her husband was having trouble with the transmission.

- Berry Creek, CA, USA