8.0

2013 Toyota Tundra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tundra:

2013 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Mar 062014

Tundra

On March 6 of 2014 I had brought my 2013 Toyota Tundra in for a very bad vibration issue coming from the bottom it turns out when they inspected the truck that driveshaft had to be repacked I was in a rental car for two inconvenience me for those two days with no truck that I bought to have and use finally got the truck back everything seems okay and then on 531 of 14 which is approximately two months after the first incident my truck was again brought in for a issue coming from the rear end now they stated me that my wheel bearing had went went bad with proximately only 11,256 miles I'm no mechanic but I do know wheel-bearings go way longer.. seven months later what do you know 18,000 miles my whole front end alignment was way out of whack I'm no mechanic but there is an issue with this truck causing all these problems I had called corporate and they pretty much gave me the runaround that my truck was bought used and not new at their dealership so basically leaving me with a truck that someone had botton with only 500 miles on it and they knew it had issues and now I'm stuck with it I runi'm running out of options I don't know what else to do can you please help

- Wellington , FL, USA

Sep 022013

Tundra

Between 1600 and 2000 RPM steering wheel resonates enough to be distracting.

- Fitzwilliam , NH, USA

Dec 022013

Tundra 8-cyl

I was pulling into a parking spot when my power steering went out. I checked the fluid and the fluid level was low. I called Toyota customer care and they sent a tow truck to pick up my vehicle and deliver it to the nearest dealership. While loading the truck, a seal popped on the steering arm and fluid started leaking out. Springhill Toyota is not honoring my manufacture or extended warranty because I have added heavy duty coil springs to support my road armor bumper I installed for extra protection. After researching, this seems to be a common problem in the 08-13 Tundra's with or without modifications. Toyota even issued a technical notice "T-tt-0183-12" to address this issue but the dealership is denying this claim. This could cause a major accident if this happened at highway speeds or making turns. There needs to be a recall issued or a notice to notify all of the dealerships of this problem.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Aug 202011

Tundra 8-cyl

Bad vibration in steering wheel and gas pedal at 1600-1900 RPM range. Doesn't matter the speed. Vibration is worse when vehicle is under load or towing. Both hands and right foot fall asleep from vibration on long continuous trips, I've contacted Toyota twice and had to dealer twice. Dealer says this is normal characteristic of truck. Toyota denies any other complaints. There is nothing normal about this vibration as hands and foot are affected by the vibration to the point of going numb, there are many many complaints of this on many Toyota forums.

- Davisville, WV, USA

Jul 182013

Tundra 8-cyl

While driving at 75 mph on interstate 40 steering column completely fell on to lap, had to pick up steering column and try to keep truck under control at which time all dash lights came on. After getting truck stopped noticed that bolts used to hold steering column where not attached to column. Took pictures of steering column as proof, at this time put bolts into column and tighten bolts. Continued trip cruise control also inoperative now.

- Santa Fe, NM, USA