3.7

2013 Toyota Tundra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tundra:

2013 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Tundra

Took truck in at 14,000 miles with a distinct vibration to dealer where truck was leased. Truck was returned with tires rotated and tires rebalanced. This problem resurfaced again at 24,000 miles and truck again was taken back to dealer. I was notified by dealers rep. That I needed to buy 4 new tires to which I told dealer rep that this truck was a leased vehicle which I did not own and it was up to dealer to fix truck. I also got in tuch with the maker of the tire which was michilin tire who stated to me that the tire in question size P255/70R 18 had a 5 year 50,000 mile warrenty. Michilin asked me for the number to the dealer and said that they would get in touch with dealer to try to see what the problem was and work with dealer to fix the situation. I got in touch with dealer on the next business day and the service manager said that he had consulted michilin and Toyota and they had worked it out but also requested from me to give the truck a wheel alignment, which I agreed to. Wheni went to the dealer later that afternoon to pick up the truck I paid for the alignment on truck and talked with the service manager who eluded to me that he was telling me somthing that Toyota did not want the custerer to know and that was that Toyota was having truble with these trucks and that they were to heavy in the front end for the tires to sustain the weight but that my truck was ready and I assumed that 4 new tires had been put on the truck so I picked it up and drove opff. Now appoximately 3 weeks ago as I had just reached 34,000 miles on the vehicle the vibration started up again and again I consulted michilin and they asked me to go to an autherized michilin dealer to inspect the tire and truck suspension system. This was done and to my surprise I found out that the Toyota dealee had not replaced all 4 tires as indicated at 14,000 milles but only put on 2 tires.

- Chester, VA, USA