9.2

2014 Toyota Tundra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Tundra:

2014 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jan 202015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, there was an abnormal noise and the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,400.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Feb 102014

Tundra 8-cyl

I purchased a 2014 Toyota Tundra on 02/04/14. I had driven the truck approximately 4 times and on 02/10/14, with 236 miles, I started the truck to go to work. I went back in my house, as the temperature was around 0 degrees Fahrenheit and allowed the truck to run for several minutes. I returned to my truck and left for work. After driving for several miles, the check engine light came on and the truck entered "limp mode." I was not far from work so I continued to work, driving at a max speed of 40 mph. I contacted the dealer and advised them of the problem. The truck was subsequently towed back to the dealer. On 2/12/14 I picked the truck up from the dealer. I was told it was an aip (air injection pump) failure. I was also told there is no fix, and the problem could happen again in cold climate. After several phone calls to Toyota customer care, I got nowhere. I was told there is a fix in the works, but for now I am left with a truck that may go into limp mode when it is cold out. Living in the North eastern United States, it is cold here from October to mid-March. If this truck were to suddenly enter limp mode when I am attempting to ascend a hill, this could present a safety issue to myself and other motorists, as I would severely be impeding the safe flow of traffic, going 10 mph uphill, without so much as a warning. I feel the sudden reduction in power could greatly reduce the operators ability to safely operate the truck, especial when negotiating traffic. It is extremely disheartening to me to knowing that I bought a $39,000 truck, touted as being among the most reliable and dependable, that may or may not run when the temperature falls..and after speaking with Toyota, they know it is a problem..

- Centerville, PA, USA