2016 Toyota Tundra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Tundra:

2016 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Dec 082015

The drivetrain on my 2016 Toyota Tundra are not allowing the wheels to rotate freely. Additionally, the wheels are locking up on the truck. On 6 Dec, I picked up my Tundra from the dealership's service depart after having the rear differential repaired. The vehicle started to drive sluggish. As I neared my home, I tried to test the 2wd and 4WD functions of the vehicle. I attempted to test the repair that was done. The wheels on the vehicle started to have problems rotating freely and locking up. While in 4WD the vehicle would not move. It appeared as if the breaks were locked on the vehicle. Four days later, the vehicle still drives sluggish. While driving at speeds of 45mph, I would take my foot off the accelerator and the vehicle would almost come to a complete stop on its own. Currently the vehicle acts like it wants to drive in 4WD low and high mode. Additionally, the wheels are acting like they do not want to rotate freely. As of 6am on 8 Dec, I cannot drive the vehicle over 25 mph. The vehicle is idling over 4000 RPM and not changing gears. The vehicle is registering being in 4WD low but the selector switch is on 2wd mode.

- Grovetown, GA, USA