9.3

2016 Toyota Tundra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Tundra:

2016 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Nov 252015

Tundra

I purchased Toyota Tundra on 6 Nov 2015. Since owning the vehicle I have been getting 460 miles to a full tank of gas (38 gallon tank). Those numbers equate to 12mpg in fuel economy estimates. I picked the vehicle up on 6 nov2015. The truck had a full tank of gas. The fuel efficiency read 570 mile for a full tank of gas. On 13 Nov I drove the vehicle to Florida. Every time I filed up the truck with fuel the fuel efficiency reading started to decline. On the first three full tank of gas, the reading was 540 and 520 miles for a full tank of gas on 15 November. I took the vehicle to the dealership on or about 17 Nov. The service department plugged the vehicle up to a computer. The computer sent out a report that showed that the vehicle was getting 18 mpg. The service personnel told me that I would be doing well if I got 14mpg. Based on their comments I was not to expect anything over 15mpg over the highway. On 25 Nov, I drove the vehicle to Florida. I decided to manually track the mileage in regard to a full tank of gas with the use of the trip counter. I took pictures of the vehicle only registering 12mpg on a full tank of gas. On a full 38 gallon tank, I was only able to drive 460 miles per tank. That equate to 12mpg. The driving condition was 74-78 degrees; driving on I95; there was only three passengers in the vehicle. I used 89 octane graded gas.

- Grovetown, GA, USA