7.9

2016 Toyota Tundra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Tundra:

2016 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Oct 172016

Tundra

The integrated elecric brake controller included in my platinum edition options for towing a trailer does not work. According to dealer, there is no fix from Toyota although they are aware of the issue.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

May 122016

Tundra

Re: integrated break controller I wanted to express a serious safety concern I have with an item that now ships with the 2016 Toyota 5.7L Tundra's - the built in / integrated break controller for use when pulling trailers/campers/etc. It seems that regardless of the power setting, no noticeable power is supplied to the trailer brakes, even at its highest setting. It feels like the trailer/camper is pushing the truck, which can be a serious issue when stopping. This would happen every time I would tow and I was always very worried about causing an accident if I needed to stop quickly or if the road conditions were not idea. I've never felt this with other break controllers. It's my understanding Toyota has not acknowledged this as being an issue yet. After talking to many other Tundra owners everyone has the same issue, I've not talked to anyone that has a working integrated break controller in their 2016. I've taken out my integrated break controller that came in my 2016 Toyota Tundra and replaced it with an after market brake controller out so I can property brake with my camper attached. For now my issue is resolved, however, I am however very worried about others that might be using the integrated break controller and the huge potential for a serious accident because their trailer or camper brakes are not working. Please look into this before any serious accidents happen. Thanks!

- Traverse City, MI, USA

May 302016

Tundra

Factory integrated brake controller does not work efficiently. With the ibc gain up to 10, the trailer brakes are not activated enough to slow the vehicle in a normal or emergency situation. The manual override slide bar barely engages the trailer brakes, it will not lock the trailer brakes as designed. Vehicle brakes begin to get to hot to slow both the truck and trailer coming down hills, extremely dangerous!

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Nov 162015

Tundra

2016 Tundra crew max xpsx package, 4X4. Vibration in steering wheel at all speeds. Southeast Toyota states that the problem is just a operational characteristic of the truck.

- Headland, AL, USA