1998 Volkswagen Beetle fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Volkswagen Beetle:

1998 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Mar 302000

Beetle Diesel

I have had my car into the dealer several times and they just told me to keep driving until hte "dying" became closer. I told them (and reported it to Volkswagen "case # 407289" ) it wasn't safe for me to drive this car I drive 280-320 miles a day. They are now replacing the fuel injection pump (it shorted out) they are charging me for this.( dot number: Tire size: 20555R16 )

- Topeka, KS, USA