6.0

1. new power window switch (3 reports)
2000 Volkswagen Beetle windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Beetle:

2000 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Aug 082010

Beetle 9c Sunshine 2.0L

I EXPECTED MY NEW BEETLE TO BE GERMAN LIKE QUALITY, LIKE THE GOLF - NOT MEXICAN CRAP, JUST BECAUSE IT'S MADE THERE?!

- , NORTH MELBOURNE, VIC, Australia

Feb 152008

Beetle GLS 4.2L (?)

The driver's switch for the power window broke (this after my husband repeatedly took car into dealer while under warranty b/c windows kept "falling" out of the frame). The dealer was going to charge us in excess of $200, I believe, to fix. Instead, my husband switched the driver's side wires. Now, I can control my window but can't control the passengers' window w/o reaching across the seat. However, I will gladly reach to save the $200 in repairs! Just switch the driver's side control wires if this happens to you!

- , Elgin, SC, USA

Feb 012006

Beetle

About every 6 months a new power window switch has to be installed in the car. The window will open but will not close. In order to close the window, I have to get out of the car and physically pull the window up.

- , Oceanside, NY, USA