2001 Volkswagen Beetle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Beetle:

2001 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Sep 012008

Beetle 2.0L V6

My car always shakes when I start it, and the mechanics say nothings wrong... But my temperature light for the inside of my car is ALWAYS on when I start it, and stays on until I let the car run for about 5 minutes (Though it takes a lot longer when it's cold outside). It's definitely annoying and it happens no matter what the temperature is outside. Ugh!!!

- , Royse City, TX, USA

Sep 272004

Beetle Turbo

I bought my car 2 MONTHS ago, and it has been in the shop 4 times! The coolant light stays on for about 15-20 minutes each time I turn it on. Then, after taking it in the shop, it got worse! My check engine light came on, and after 4 days in the shop, I found out my car now shakes everytime I try to start it! The mechanics have never fixed any of the problems, and they are all jerks!

- , Greenfield, IN, USA