6.0

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
2001 Volkswagen Beetle transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Beetle:

2001 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Jun 102010

Beetle

2001 was the last year the 100,00 mile/10 year power train warranty was provided, and thank goodness, because a new transmission would have cost $5,000 to $7,000 dollars. That's right!! I don't know what I would have done. This is my first brand new car & I have ALWAYS changed the oil when due and done all the services, etc. Apparently, this is a known problem. I just squeaked in under 10 years and my mileage was probably more in the 56K range.

- , La Honda, CA, USA