2002 Volkswagen Beetle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Beetle:

2002 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

May 012002

Beetle

Purchased my dream car in 2002, have had many many problems ever since. Issues began the first day I drove the vehicle, the car kept jumping forward! When I inquired about the problem, I was assured by a VW salesperson that the car was new and needed to be worked in. Harsh engagement increased throughout the months, especially when the car was idling too high. Also noticed that when in reverse, the car wanted to go forward and vice versa. Due to this, I avoid parallel parking at all times! The problem has never been addressed, however I was told by a VW service manager that this has been a major issue with Beetles and there is nothing that they can do.

- , Windsor, ON, Canada