2002 Volkswagen Beetle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Beetle:

2002 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Sep 302001

Beetle Diesel

Consumer states that the vehicle will intermittenly lose power at a certain speed and stay there for about 30 seconds the consumer has tried to step on the gas pedal but the vehicle will still drive at the same speed. Contacted dealer and the dealer is not willing to do anything.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 032002

Beetle

Car downshifts extremely hard when coming to a stop, causing driver and passengers to be lunged forward in their seat.. dealer states that this is a characteristic of the car. Problem is intermittent and increases when vehicle is warmed up. On occasion downshift occurred so hard that I thought I was just rear -ended by another car. I bought the car for my wife and now she is afraid to drive it.

- Honolulu, HI, USA