2007 Volkswagen Beetle seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Beetle:

2007 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

May 112016

Beetle 5-cyl

I own a 2013 passat and my airbag light came on after my warranty expired a little over a year ago; only to be told by Volkswagen it would be my responsibility until I reached out to your office and my matter was investigated only to find that L as million other customers were also affected and a recall was initiated and my vehicle was included as a result. I received another email (enclosed) that informed me of another recall, but my 2007 new Beetle was not included although the airbag light is on as well. After speaking with VW; they were unable to confirm if my 2007 should be included because most of the complaints has been on either the 2007 jetta or the passat according to the VW rep.. there has been a complete cover-up by VW, and I believe all models has been affected and the takata airbag is in my 2007 as well and should be included as they are unable to definitively say that my car does not have that particular brand. I believe it does and should be a part of the current recall as well. The letter clearly says some 2007 models. I am very grateful that your office took such swift action with my first complaint which confirmed that my issue was not an isolated incident rather worldwide and a huge cover up on the part of ww. No one should ride around unsafe and I ask that you take my complaint into consideration by adding the new Beetle to the list as well. Enclosed is the letter sent from VW. Thank you :)

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 162015

Beetle 5-cyl

Air bag warning light diagnosed at service by dealer (campbell/nelson VW) indicated that a sensor or switch located in the driver-side seatbelt latch was defective and even when the seatbelt was latched, the airbag would not deploy. This turned out to be a $400 repair and I believe it should be considered for a recall.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

Jul 242014

Beetle 5-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Volkswagen Beetle. The contact stated that the air bag indicator continuously illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer repaired the vehicle, but the specific repairs were unknown. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 38,479. Updated 10/6/2015

- Deerfield , IL, USA

Mar 012012

Beetle 5-cyl

Air bag warning light came on. Was told by dealer main airbag control module was bad and more could be bad once that was repaired and rest of system could be checked.

- Ashland, KY, USA

Apr 012013

Beetle 5-cyl

Air bag light illuminated for passenger seat (indicating that air bag not working and problem). Dealer states that the air bag module and seat belt buckle need to be replaced. The air bag module and seat belt buckle should not have to be replaced on a one owner vehicle with less than 50,000 miles.

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 032012

Beetle 5-cyl

The air bag module failed. Dealer said since it had failed they couldn't tell if there were any more problems with the air bag system. Module needs replaced first at a cost of $1000 then they can test the rest of the system to see if there are any other problems. If there are additional problems it will cost extra to repair.

- Ashland, KY, USA