2008 Volkswagen Beetle accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen Beetle:

2008 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Dec 072014

Beetle 5-cyl

The front passenger seat caught fire while I was driving. It started smoking then a flame came from the top of the seat. I put the fire out with my bottled water.

- Greenville , OH, USA

Jun 242014

Beetle 5-cyl

The airbag sensor light came on while driving at 65mph. I took to the dealership where I purchased and they sent the car over to the VW dealership. VW dealership contacted me and said that the driver side seatbelt, airbag igniter was defective and needed a driver side airbag unit to the tune of $881.79. I have an extended warranty however nothing related to the airbag or safety is covered. Since this is a safety concern I wonder why VW doesn't stand by their products and warranty.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA