2014 Volkswagen Beetle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Beetle:

2014 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Jan 222015

Beetle

I bought a VW diesel due to the performance and lack of impact on the environment, only to discover that I was sold a vehicle that harms the air. I'm a retired firefighter with 31 years of service with the city of stockton and I'll be turning 65 this year but now I find out that my " last " car isn't what I thought that I was buying and now I don't know if the issue with be resolved, I'm not sure if I should be driving my vehicle without knowing if it's fixable and what to do if I decide to try and trade it in for a different vehicle. I had some trips planned but I cancelled them, due to the distance, which may affect not only the air but the value of the car.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Feb 202016

Beetle

The contact owned a 2014 Volkswagen Beetle. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact's vehicle rear ended the preceding vehicle. A police report was filed. After approximately 25 minutes, the vehicle became engulfed in flames and burned to the ground. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The ambulance had to Transport the contact and a passenger to the hospital due to bruises from the air bag deployment. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000. Updated 05/25/16

- Simi Valley, CA, USA