2015 Volkswagen Beetle drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Beetle:

2015 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Dec 282015

Safety recall 23R1 was received yet VW and local dealership will not make repairs stating that their needs to be an investigation and/or I need to wait until I have issues. The notice states that it can "lead to a crash without warning". however, they insist that I continue to drive my car they have determined to be unsafe. The dealer says they have no knowledge of the recall and VW refuses to send parts to my local shop to have it fixed stating again that I need to wait until I have an issue. We have spent hours on the phone trying to get this resolved and VW continues to brush us off and telling us they will resolve it tomorrow. I drive 200-500 miles a day for work around the state and do not feel safe driving my car that could unknowingly crash at any moment. If this was not a safety concern, VW would not have issued a safety recall. Per their documents sent to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: The camshaft lobe that can break off drives the brake vacuum pump, and if the problem occurs drivers would lose power assistance and suffer reduced engine performance.

- Perry, GA, USA