2009 Volkswagen CC fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen CC:

2009 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Sep 122013

CC 4-cyl

On 9/12/13 while driving on the highway without any warning the car loss engine power, would not accelerate and shut off in the middle of the highway. The battery light did come on once the car shut off. I was unable to restart the car to move off the highway. I immediately turned on the hazards and kept my foot on the brakes so cars would not crash into me. The car still had full power with all controls (radio, power windows, ac, lights, etc.). the vehicle was towed to a local VW dealer and diagnosed as a defective low pressure fuel pump and fuel control module, $850 repair. The service advisor stated this is a common problem with the Cc's (direct injection). The repairs were completed by the VW dealer on 09/13/13. On 09/18/13 five days later and less than 100 miles after the low pressure fuel pump & module was replaced; while commuting from work the check engine light came on and the car immediately lost engine power, would not accelerate and shut off in rush hour traffic. Again it was towed back to VW and this time diagnosed as defective high pressure fuel pump and control module, for another $850 in repairs. On 09/21/13 I contacted VW of America online and made a formal complaint; twice in one week the vehicle has shut off in traffic, with no warning, endangering my life and the lives of others. The VW dealer is playing a guessing game with diagnosing the problem. The VW dealer also contacted VW of America on my behalf with the problems and concerns with the vehicle. VW offered to cover the parts and I paid the labor $200+. the repairs were completed on 9/25/13 by VW, I drove the car home less than 25 miles and the car started to sputter and the check engine light came on. I immediately called the VW dealer and was told to bring the car back. 3 times in two weeks, the car is back to the VW dealer and they can't fix the problem. This is a real safety problem.

- Ocoee, FL, USA

Aug 132011

CC

8/13/11 car stalled twice while driving- once on major highway. Car towed from residence to service. 8/15/11 service called and advised my car was hooked up to diagnostics and found the fuel injection pump was low and gas tank so it was probably bad gas but the car had nothing wrong. I was also advise that the car was taken for a test drive, 10 miles and nothing happened. Service offered to keep car 8/16/11 and drive it another 20-30 miles. I agreed. 8/17/11 I spoke with service manager, upon arrival. Svc advised that the car was driven again for 20 or so miles and again no issues were found. She again stated it was "just probably bad gas". I asked if there was a possibility of it stalling again at which time advised it may happen again however since they thought it was bad gas to just run the current tank (3/4 full) down to empty. On 8/18/11, I was driving home on the gsp North in NJ during rush hour traffic (8 lane highway). Traveling in the 4th left lane, slowed the vehicle due to traffic. As I slowed down my car stalled. I was able to restart and move about 5 feet when the car stalled again. At this point I was unable to start the car again. I pressed and kept my foot on the brake while keeping the hazards on. I did this to notify drivers behind me that I was stuck. Traffic started to move again at a slow pace and drivers were going around me. Within a minute or so, traffic on both sides of my car were gaining momentum and moving at least speed limit pace (65mph). As I watched the rear view mirror I saw a white SUV approaching quickly. I realized I was going to be hit and braced for impact. It was not full impact as last minute driver turned the wheel. I was told driver was traveling 55-60mps. This accident was 1 day after I received my car back and told "nothing wrong". I also noticed through paperwork my car was never re-ran as discussed. My in/out odometer was 12 miles...

- Bayonne, NJ, USA