2.5

2010 Volkswagen CC drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen CC:

2010 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Sep 222016

CC

On the highway I was changing lanes to get off to an exit and my car loss power. It was the scariest thing ever as I had no control over the car anymore other than steering. Fortunately there wasn't that heavy of traffic so I pulled over and turned the car off then on and the flashing D that was on my screen had steadied and I was able to drive home. Only to have the same thing happen again the very next day.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Apr 112016

CC

Dsg transmission problems, I had the car for about 1 year and a half and suddenly after a long day of driving the car when I would get home to park the car and reverse it into the spot and it didn't engage instead I just heard a thump and then the check engine light turned on and I had the P, R, N, D, S flashing so everytime I would try to engage drive or reverse it felt like it was I'm neutral, I took the car to get looked at by a VW, porshe, Mercedes specialist and he said it was the mechatronic unit so I got that changed, it seemed like that had fixed the problem then it started to do the same thing, everytime after a long drive when I go to reverse it doesn't engage and does the same thing makes every gear feel like it's in neutral so I have to turn the car off then on and it works and engages reverse with no problem, got engine code P2711 which said unexpected / implausible mechanical gear disengagement

- La Puente, CA, USA

Jun 042016

CC

I own a 2010 Volkswagen Cc with a dsg transmission. While the vehicle is in park, it shifts independently from drive to neutral. It has happened several times, including while driving on the highway. The dealer failed to diagnose the problem and simply recommended I replace the transmission. At a cost of $5400. I escalated the issue with VW of America and they were no help. They agreed that they are unable to diagnose the case and that only remedy is a new transmission.. I think this is a VW dsg transmission coverup, just like tdi emmissions car has approximately 84,000 miles

- Trappe, PA, USA

May 012016

CC

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. While driving 45 mph, the engine warning light illuminated and a knocking noise was heard under the hood. The contact coasted the vehicle to the side of the road and was able to resume driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission fluid was low. In addition, when the gear shifter was in park, it shifted into reverse. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 79,000.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Jul 052015

CC

Takata recall my dsg is faulty I am having a few codes pop up I'm cooking my vehicle to a Volkswagen dealer to get my faulty airbag recall fix and they never told me that the dsg was on a recall. I was driving on the highway and my car gear started flashing and I lost power and nearly got into an accident

- North Fort Myers, FL, USA

May 062016

CC

Battery died and since then my parking brake has malfunctioned, stalling while driving, and car seemed to not be changing gears, left me stranded. I didn't even see this oming because I had. O signs of trouble, started up and ran well until hot then would stall out, would start up, then seemed like it was switching gears on its own. This would happened while driving on city streets, at stop lights and even at 65 mph on freeway.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Feb 192016

CC

Started car put the car in reverse heard a winding noise, put the car in drive still heard noise stopped at stop light heard "knock " or "clunk" sound. I took my car to jiffy lube in hopes they could tell me what the problem was and they said exactly what I thought it was, my transmission. I called car max where I bought the car from waiting on a return call, they will have to come and get my car because I don't want anything else to happen or make matters worse. I bought my car December 29th, 2014.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Feb 042016

CC

Automatic transmission lurches/clunks when starting from a stopped position. This presents a safety issue as it can accelerate for a short period without the ability to stop the car. From internet research, this is a common a important safety issue with VW dsg transmissions. Literally 100S of complaints online. Please, please research this issue. VW claims the car is "operating in spec" - anyone driving with me in the car is shocked and wonders what is wrong with the car. This happens all the time, but there are occasions when is goes away.

- Darnestown, MD, USA

Jul 152014

CC

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. While the vehicle was in park, it moved independently. In addition, the gear would shift from drive to neutral independently. The contact had to restart the vehicle in order for it to function correctly. The failure recurred times five times. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Fort Pain, AL, USA

Mar 192015

CC 4-cyl

Car would not start but battery was good. Issue seems to be localized to the transmission as it eventually started after messing around with the shift lever. After starting I was unable to shift out of park and I think this is a sensor locking the shiftier.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 032013

CC

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, there was a sudden decrease in speed and the vehicle failed to accelerate as the gear selector warning light flashed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the mechatronic control unit needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure reoccurred approximately 10,000 miles after the repair. The contact also stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle shifted hard and jerked. The contact referenced NHTSA action number: PE09035(power train). The failure mileage was 31,000.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

Jun 282014

CC

This 2010 Volkswagen Cc was purchased as a cpo in 2012 with 33K miles on it. Second owner. With no warning, clutch failed completely with only 43K miles, and gears would not engage, I made a sudden sharp left turn to the road side, lost control of the car, depressed brake hard to forcefully stop the car with third gear engaged. An online search shows that many other VW Cc and golf (2010, 2012 models) have had clutch failures with approximately the same mileage. Also, there is a VW technical service bulletin (VW 2028783) which shows there is a clutch assembly issue with the car and directs dealers to replace clutch kit for those defect models. I contacted VW customer care as this is a safety issue, and as I in no way abused the clutch. Also, informed them that this Cc is still within the 2yr/24K mile cpo warranty. VW customer opened a case, however, the case manager claimed that the clutch is not included in the powertrain warranty and that VW would not authorize repair, even though they are aware of the fact that they updated the parts and have distributed the tsb due to premature failure.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Apr 092014

CC 4-cyl

Car purchased brand new in 2010. One owner. With no warning, clutch failed completely with only 48K miles, and gears would not engage, causing the car to be stranded in the middle of traffic. An online search shows that many other VW Cc and golf (2009, 2010 models) have had clutch failures with approximately the same mileage. Also, there is a VW technical service bulletin (VW 2028783) which directs dealers to install an updated clutch kit with improved springs. I contacted VW customer care as this is a safety issue, and as I in no way abused the clutch. Also, to inform them that this Cc is still within the 5yr/50K mile powertrain warranty. VW customer opened a case, however, the case manager claimed that the clutch is not included in the powertrain warranty and that VW would not authorize repair, even though they are aware of the fact that they updated the parts and have distributed the tsb due to premature failure.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Feb 192014

CC

2010 VW Cc sport suffered dsg clutch failure at 50000 miles, all the lurching and drive failure symptoms were experienced. Power loss with family in vehicle at freeway speeds! a warped clutch pack was promptly repaired under warranty by autobahn dealership. 55000 miles and the vehicle has developed intermittent bad shift at around 2nd/3rd gear and sometimes up in the 5th/6th gear range. The shift feels like a manual being put into 5th at 20mph and power is limited until the gear engages with a jump. Dealer has the vehicle and is evaluating it as its an intermittent (once or twice a day) problem. A new mechatronic unit or transmission has been suggested.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 182014

CC 4-cyl

Dsg transmission failed to engage in reverse gear multiple times. It typically seems to only occur when forward and reverse are selected multiple times before turning off ignition. Experienced one instance in which transmission would not shift past first gear, even in manual mode and which did not recur since. Multiple incidents of no reverse activation. Once the car is turned off and turned back on, the reverse gear engages. It sounds as if it takes multiple attempts for reverse to engage upon restarting the engine.

- Orange Beach, AL, USA

Nov 212013

CC 4-cyl

While driving my dsg transmission started to make loud noise while shifting a gear and produce loud hit when gear is changed to the point of my steering wheel shake and almost made me loose control of the vehicle. I dropped car to the closest VW dealer, first I was told by service manager that the issue will be fixed due to recall on that particular transmission, but 4 hours later I've received call from the same person stating that I have to pay for repairs myself. VW corporate are not interested in honoring their own recall as well.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

Jul 152013

CC 4-cyl

Dsg clutches are stated to be worn out at 64K and need replacement for $2,013 dollars. Service states known issue with dsg transmission but manufacturer and dealer refuses to cover cost for "known issue." Meanwhile china has huge recall on dsg transmission and giving 10 year warranty"? anyone watching and listening? china leads the usa in safety and consumer recalls...really" car lurches backward in reverse causing safety issue for people and property behind car. Also, if car parked on side of cliff car could lurch over said cliff killing all in car.

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Apr 282013

CC 4-cyl

The mechatronic unit was replaced, because the car lurched from a stop into forward or reverse. Car has the dsg transmission.

- Highland Park, IL, USA

Jun 012011

CC 4-cyl

My dsg equipped vehicle has a tendency to lurch forward, be slow to respond to the accelerator pedal and downshift abruptly when coming to a stop.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Sep 262010

CC

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that the vehicle decelerated abnormally before stalling. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the mechatronic unit was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the remedy failed to repair the problem. Eight months later, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who stated that they would contact her at a later date. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 10,000 and the current mileage was 16,500.

- Culver City , CO, USA