2010 Volkswagen CC engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen CC:

2010 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Oct 062016

I have a 2010 VW Cc with 63,000 miles. The engine coils keeps going out and I could have died on the freeway, when the car loses control. I have owned many other brands and never had this many repairs on a car. There is a quality control issue and should be looked into. In a matter of 5 months, I have had to replace an engine coil. Both times, I almost lost control of the car. This is an unsafe, poorly made car.

- Sherwood, AR, USA

Aug 252016

Rear main seal leaking oil, seems to be a common issue on these cars with the tsi engine. Dealer needs address this issue, many consumers are reporting this is a failure from the factory. I just paid $1000 to fix

- Dacula, GA, USA

Jun 132016

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that while attempting to the start the vehicle, it failed start. The vehicle was towed to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the timing chain fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Jun 272016

The engine began to stall while stopped at a traffic light and the battery light illuminated. I restarted the engine and continued. The engine failed again on the highway at full speed, total loss of power. This time the battery, check engine and epc indicators illuminated. Vechicle would no longer turn over and was towed to VW dealership. It has been diagnosed that the chain tensioner failed, causing the timing chain to lose position throwing the camshaft, rods and pistons out of sync resulting in total engine failure. My vechicle only has approximately 85K miles and there is no scheduled maintenance for the timing chain in the service manual until 120K miles. It's also unheard of for an engine of that mileage to lose timing while running and that it gave no prior warning to the impending failure.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 152016

Car will not start, no warning, call VW usa no help, they are redoing engine, cost $5000 help.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Feb 082015

While driving on interstate at speed at 65-70 mph with a tractor trailer in my rear and other automobiles to my right and left, the car stopped running and the engine service light illuminated. I was able to avoid a collision and drifted to the right of interatate 75. I called the dealer who sold me the car, O'steen VW of jacksonville, fl and spoke with my regulate service technician who advised me that my car had jumped time and for me to have it towed to the dealership. My insurance would only tow to nearest repair facility which would have been tifton, ga so my husband towed to our home in blackshear, ga. I could have been killed as well as others. There was no warning. The vehicle www confirmed to have timing chain failure that resulted in destruction of all cylinders and complete engine failure. Dealer refused to repair and failed to disose that a tsb (NHTSA # 10045560) relative to this defect was issued in July of 2012 prior to the certification of the vehicle I purchaed in Dec of 2012.

- Blackshear, GA, USA

Dec 112014

Engine misfires when accelerating to speed. Dealer found one bad coil but I was advised to replace all 4 coils and plugs because the others coils were going to failure shortly. After the repair car's performance and gas mileage dropped and on long trips the milages and performance continues to fall the longer to run. Mpg drops by 10. No fault codes found. Engines run rough at 70 mph and burn rich.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Dec 102014

CC 4-cyl

As I began to accelerate, the car started jerking and there was hesitation in acceleration. Additionally, the car failed to reverse when put in gear.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jun 182013

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact indicated that the water was leaking through the vents and the dashboard. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer and it was diagnosed that the cowl area system malfunctioned and water leaked into the interior of the vehicle instead of draining out. The dealer replaced the right side of the cowl area system. The contact stated that the failure caused internal damage to the vehicle and electrical shorts. The vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer who replaced the carpet. Also, the contact indicated that the service engine sensor illuminated several times and the vehicle stalled. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled while traveling approximately 40 mph, down a hill. The contact indicated that due to the sudden loss of power, the contact crashed into a dirt part of the road. The contact sustained injuries to the right arm, right shoulder and neck pains which required medical attention. The vehicle was not repaired. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and then towed to a dealer for inspection. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Holmes, NY, USA

Jun 102013

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that there was excessive water in the passenger's side seat. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the cowl area was not sealed properly from the manufacturer, which caused a ruptured in the fan motor. The mechanic diagnosed that the cowl area, fan motor and the blue tooth box needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 32,000.

- Holmes, NY, USA

Jul 232013

CC 4-cyl

My 2010 Cc started fine. Within 1/2 mile I noticed a shimmy, I thought maybe it was a flat tire. Then I noticed a horrible smell along with heavy white smoke coming from my exhaust. Code reader stated the camshaft sensor was bad and caused misfire to 1 and 2 spark plugs. Purchased the sensor and new spark plugs with no solution. Per a GM mechanic, the head is warped or cracked or the gasket is bad. I have had this vehicle for 9 months. I am the second owner and it has 53000 miles, but I also paid good money and to have to spend $1200 on this is bs.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nov 142012

After traveling at 70mph the vehicle begin to putter, shortly after the vehicle just shut off. I had it inspected and was not able to duplicate the issue. Finally after a day and a half the problem arose again but no solution.

- Danville, CA, USA