2010 Volkswagen CC fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen CC:

2010 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Jul 232013

CC 4-cyl

My 2010 Cc started fine. Within 1/2 mile I noticed a shimmy, I thought maybe it was a flat tire. Then I noticed a horrible smell along with heavy white smoke coming from my exhaust. Code reader stated the camshaft sensor was bad and caused misfire to 1 and 2 spark plugs. Purchased the sensor and new spark plugs with no solution. Per a GM mechanic, the head is warped or cracked or the gasket is bad. I have had this vehicle for 9 months. I am the second owner and it has 53000 miles, but I also paid good money and to have to spend $1200 on this is bs.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jul 062013

CC 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, the vehicle started to shake and smoke was seen from the exhaust. The contact also stated that there was a noticeable odor of gasoline. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, who stated that the fuel injector had malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. There was also gasoline on the engine, which the dealer advised cleaning. The failure mileage was 52,000. Updated 8/15/13 the fuel injectors were faulty and were stuck in the open position. Which caused fuel to leak in the cylinder causing an engine misfire.. updated 8/15/13

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jun 072010

I have owned a 1997 VW eurovan camper for 3 years. It is only driven half a dozen times a year and is garage stored. Two years ago, upon start up, I noticed the smell of fuel (gasoline) and found it spraying from a fuel filter connection beneath the vehicle. I took it to a VW dealer, who replaced the crimp connections to the filter. Now again last month, the same problem has recurred. The leak appears to be coming not from the crimped fuel-line, but from some sort of quick-connect type of fitting that connects to the lower filter. Note that the problem only seems to occur upon start-up in the morning, but disappears some time later, so that when the vehicle is taken in to a dealer, there is no leak to be observed. From looking on the internet, I have found that 1993 eurovans were subject to a recall in Canada for leaking fuel lines, but nothing ever in the us. Evidently, the problem is still ongoing as I have read dozens of complaints and postings on the internet that described fuel leaks here in the us, some of which indicate fuel leak-related fires have completely burned eurovans to the ground. I have also read that VW dealers are denying there is even a problem.

- Boulder, CO, USA