3.2

2011 Volkswagen CC fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen CC:

2011 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Dec 312015

CC

A little over a month ago, I was leaving work and came to a stop light. I accelerated to go after the light turned green and the Cc started to accelerate, and then with no warning, it completely locked down and stalled. I was able to crank it back up and went home without incident. There were no warning messages, lights...anything to indicate a problem. Later that day, I took my daughter to dance and experienced the same issue. I was able to turn around and the next day we put the car in the shop. The mechanic determined that it was happening due to an oil cap not being placed in right after an oil change. This was fixed, and the car performed okay for about a week, and then stalled again; same circumstance: Middle of traffic, after a stop, no warning. The car went back into the shop. This time the mechanic determined it was something to do with the turbo seal. This was 'fixed'. car was returned and again was okay for about a week. It once again stalled. Same circumstance. This time, the mechanic stated he didn't know what was wrong with it. We then took the car in to someone who specializes in VW. He determined it was a defective fuel sensor. He replaced the sensor and we had the car returned to us today. It died on my husband in the middle of traffic. It is now back in the shop, but the mechanic states he has no idea what is wrong with it; it is showing no error codes. I don't know what to do at this point. I have researched this problem and it appears to be common in VW Ccs. How has this not been a recall issue? this is extremely dangerous; there is no warning when it completely locks down. Not too safe in 5pm rush hour bumper to bumper traffic.

- Royston, GA, USA

Sep 012015

CC

While driving my vehicle on the highway, the computer flashed a warning that there is a parking break error and the vehicle proceeded to stop. When pressing the gas pedal the car would not move. Following the repeated ( over 6 times) shutting down and restarting of the car the parking error warning and the engine light appeared and vehicle once again proceeded to stop and no forward motion took place when gas pedal was pressed. Vehicle shut down on two major highways at high traffic/ rush hour times. Following these incidents the vehicle was repaired by sunrise Volkswagen dealership. They preformed a diagnostic and replaced the fuel pump injection system. The vehicle was returned to me and a little over a month later (October 22nd) the same problem reoccurred once again shutting down multiple times on a major highway. The vehicle had to be towed back to the dealer where they are currently working on another diagnostic. It should be noted that in addition to this problem, prior malfunction has resulted in replacement of the entire engine in this vehicle. I've also experienced several coolant system issues for which I have had to return to the dealership repeatedly. I am extremely concerned regarding the safety of this vehicle due to the loss of acceleration while in motion at highway speeds. Each time I'm told the problem has been resolved, I am exposed to possible highway fatality as I resume driving. My suggestion that the vehicle be replaced was rejected and each attempt at repair has proven to be unsuccessful in resolving the problems.

- Jamaica, NY, USA