2.7

2011 Volkswagen CC steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen CC:

2011 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Sep 202016

CC

Takata recall. I left my car at VW open road in manhattan 09/19/2016 around 11:20am for a recall fix, they said it will be available 4pm, they called me 5:42pm telling me there is a problem, you have a lot of thing that need to be fixed like engine, front tires.. and the list is long.. they asked me to pay $199 fees in order to just check everything and then let me know how much I have to pay.., instead of them fix the 2 recalls I have in that car and apologize to me, they trying to throw the ball back to so it sound like my problem and I have to pay, it's not theirs !!! they asked me to get a new car and of course I have to pay for the new car they said, I didn't even finish paying for my affected one yet... I'm really disappointed, angry, especially that I need this car for my work... I still left the car there in order for them check what needs to be fixed and of course they said I have to pay for it... what customer service is this "??"!!!

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

May 012016

CC

Started the car and the red steering wheel light came on. I have no power steering. Turned the car off, restarted and power steering was active and red light was off but the effort to turn was lighter than normal. The next time we started the car we had no power steering again. This is very dangerous, when it does work it over corrects the steering at highway speeds. When not working my wife can not turn the wheel. The dealer diagnosed a short in the steering rack. $2000 to fix something that should last at least 100,000 miles.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Oct 082015

CC

On multiple occasions, vehicle failed to start, but displayed a "steering wheel lock defective" alert. When key is removed and replaced in the ignition, it will then start. In addition, the engine is now in need of replacement due to oil running low. The vehicle was maintained on its regular 10,000 mile schedule and did not give any warnings or alerts. It altogether failed to start and gave only a shaking/rattling noise when trying to crank. In all instances, the vehicle was stationary.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Oct 072015

CC

Receiving a steering lock msg when attempting to start the car, recently received a recall notice and when called to obtain additional information the service techs advised it would cost $122.71 to run the diagnosis. When I protested I was advised that the recall did not have anything to do with the steering column but a spring in the steering which would not cause this error! I'm not sure how they run their business but if a recall is involving a steering column lock and the customer is receiving a error regarding the steering column lock failure, shouldn't the dealer be responsible for the diagnosis and if it turned out to be something completely different the customer to be alerted and provided repair options if needed" then the rep calling me back is fumbling on her statement to attempt to assure me that my issue is not exactly what the recall is...how would she know if the recall is regarding a steering column issue and I am receiving a steering column failure message? would a diagnostic test need to be run" checkered flag Volkswagen of va beach really should be responsible for this type of diagnosis

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 072014

CC

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled as the steering wheel lock defective warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000. The VIN was not available.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Dec 152014

CC

While turning onto a major intersection, a red steering wheel light popped up on my dash display and the steering wheel locked immediately... it took a great deal of strength to get my car to safety in a parking lot before the steering wheel could not be moved at all. Contacted the dealership I bought it from as I only had the car for 2 days.

- Medford, NY, USA

Sep 182013

CC

Driving at 65 mph suddenly the steering wheel system was blocked. Become very hard to move the steering wheel & also very noise when I was trying to move it. The car was took to dealer and they said. That the steering gear box failed. Later on the customer service free phone line of VW said that was a quality issue. They said are not legally responsible because is not within warranty period. Cc VW car seems very unsafe car.

- Toluca, NM, USA