2013 Volkswagen CC seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen CC:

2013 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 032016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact took the vehicle to be serviced from a collision. Upon retrieving the vehicle, the contact was informed that the air bag warning indicator was illuminated. The indicator was not illuminated prior to being repaired. The contact was informed of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Katy, TX, USA

Nov 012016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The dealer and manufacturer were unable to determine when the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Vista, CA, USA

Jul 012016

CC

"takata recall", we are trying to work with VW on replacing this car. We are trying to work with VW on a new VW model car; however, VW dealerships will not take the car in trade due to the recall and dealers representing other manufacturers are reluctant to take the car in trade or if so at greatly reduced trade-in value. We have tried contacting VW directly to discuss; however, the wait time on their customer hotline is between 1 and 6 hours, they have no direct email available and their customer service chat line is off the air. Since the "takata recall" addresses the potential to harm occupants of the vehicle and the vehicle is most often used by my wife and with our grandchildren, we'd like to be able to work with VW and their dealerships. Is there anything we can do?

- Granger, IN, USA

Apr 152016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Granger, IN, USA

CC

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Jun 082016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Apex, NC, USA

CC 4-cyl

Takata recall. It has been 8 months since VW announced the recall, but they have yet to provide a remedy to solve the problem. All the while I remain driving a vehicle with a defective airbag inflator. No timely resolution to this problem so I am not sure if they are unable to or unwilling to repair the issue. 8 months seems like more than enough time to at least determine the repair.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Oct 102016

CC

Have not received appt for recall of my tacit air bags.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 152016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

CC

It's been more then 8 months since the first recall was reported on my 2013 VW Cc airbag. I'm driving about 280 miles per week with a vehicle that is deemed unsafe to drive. I even went to my local sunset VW dealership to trade in my vehicle for a used Lexus. I received a very low offer for my vehicle and was told the dealership will not sell a vehicle with a recall on it would go directly to auction. That's the reason for the low offer. The VW manufacturer should at least take some of the burden of the decreased values of the VW vehicles.

- Venice, FL, USA

CC

Takata recall. Volkswagen has no information on when this recall will be fixed. I was notified in April 2016 that the airbag in my car was one of the ones that needed to be replaced and was potentially a life threatening situation. I have been very patient in waiting for this recall to be addressed and it has not. In speaking with a Volkswagen representative this morning at their headquarters I was advised that they have no idea when this will be done. I find that a little concerning. I leased this vehicle in good faith and have not been given any information as to when this will be taken care of or any alternatives I have since this is a lease and it is not something I can just go trade-in for another vehicle. I would really like to know that Volkswagen is doing everything they can to take care of their customers. I am getting the impression that this is not the case.

- Alva, FL, USA

Apr 192016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Sep 132016

CC

"takata inflators" - I received a letter in April of 2016 stating that my car is subject to the takata airbag recall. The letter stated that "a recall repair is not yet available." It is now September and I have still received no indication as to when the parts will be available nor when the repair will be made. I have called VW finance and they told me to call VW corporate. I called VW corporate and they told me that they do not have a timeline as to when the parts will be in. As far as I am concerned this is unacceptable. The letter from VW states verbatim: "takata has reported that the driver frontal airbag inflator could potentially rupture if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the frontal airbags are designed to deploy. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, which may result in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants." I am concerned for my safety driving in this vehicle!!! I have contacted the dealership and their response is: "remember, there are 60 million cars to be repaired worldwide. Tropical climate areas will be fixed first. Repairs will go South to North for customers, then South to North for dealers. Due to the climate in the northeast the conditions don't match the weather that is the problem. It is, apparently, a combination on heat and humidity. VW did not make the airbags. There are (3) companies in the world making the replacements.that is all the info I have, for now." Unacceptable!!!!!!! Volkswagen will find the parts when someone gets injured or killed!! this is a travesty!!

- Montville, NJ, USA

Mar 142016

CC

My vehicle has a recall for the airbag which is very important in case of an accident I took my car to volkswagon and they said they put a cover over the clock spring and the recall states that if the airbag light is not on yet they are to just put a cover over it to reduce the amount of dirt and dust that gets in there if your airbag light is no which my is correct still they are to replace the whole clockspring which they did not that is why my car is still telling me theregarding is a malfunction obviously so I took my car back to volkswagon they said there's nothing they can do I would have to pay for a diagnosis test for $100 which makes no sense because it's their recall not mine why do I have to pay when it's cleary a recall in which if they just replaced it it would most likely fix it start date 02-09-2016 description takata has reported that the driver frontal airbag inflator could potentially rupture if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the frontal airbags are designed to deploy. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, which may result in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants. Remedy replace driver airbag inflator.

- Lauderdale Lakes, FL, USA

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair and there was not an alternate transportation option provided. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA

Jul 132016

CC

Takata recall; because VW apparently doesn't care about the safety of its customers and refused to offer a timely fix to this problem, I decided rather that drive a potential bomb, to get rid of the car, suffering a several thousand dollar decrease in value at trade-in because of the problem.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

CC

Takata recall: I was notified in April that my car was one that had a defective airbag that could potentially explode and kill me (nice). It is now mid way through August in ga ( high risk/humidity state) and I am still being told there is no time frame as to when the parts will be available. This to is unacceptable seeing as this is my only form of transportation (can't rent a car for a year).

- Acworth, GA, USA

Jan 312016

CC

Nothing has happened yet, I received the recall notice and have had my vehicle in for warranty repairs 3 times in the past 4 months, each time I request for the airbag recall to be fixed and every time I am told they don't have the equipment or replacement parts for it. I was just recently involved in an auto accident in which the drivers airbag and knee bolsters failed to deploy, causing me pretty severe pain and injury. I am now afraid to drive my new Volkswagen since I have received the safety recall notice.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Aug 102016

CC

The nearby VW of ventura dealership refused to provide me with the loaner while they fix the recall issue as per NHTSA directives. The service manager laughed at me over the phone saying there is no remedy so go and do whatever you want as we don't provide loaners. I'm speechless. I have a disabled family member to carry to appointments. I'm more than upset. Despite this fact that the vehicle is unsafe to drive and I was not aware of recall, never received a notification letter about it from VW. Please help!

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Aug 102016

CC

Airbag replacement not available. Afraid to drive

- Rolling Meadows, IL, USA