2007 Volkswagen Eos drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Eos:

2007 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Feb 012016

I was on the highway after my car had been sitting all day for work after about 20 miles of driving at about 65-70 mph the car suddenly shifted out of gear and red lined for a few seconds until I realized I had the cruise set. Once I got that turned off the car then shifted back into first gear automatically and jerked horribly trying to slow itself down. So thankful truckers where not behind me! I shifted the car into neutral and got it to the side of the road. After a very costly Transport back to the dealer due to me working out of town the service team informed me the mechatronic unit was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle is an 2007 with the 2.0T and 96,000 miles on the odo. VW now claims this model isn't under any extended warranty and that my claim would be denied. Now I am forced to figure out a $2,500 repair.

- Hopkins, SC, USA