2.7

2009 Volkswagen Eos brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Eos:

2009 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Nov 012015

Eos

The ABS system failed after less the 50,000. The car was being driven about 40mph when to first occurred.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Aug 152016

Eos

First thing to go on this car was the clutch pack could hear clanking noise when I was slowing down...had to replace.. next came the failed injector..I was driving the car smoke started coming out of the engine and the exchushed pipe car almost caught on fire fuel had leaded all over my engine..now the ABS unit needs to be repaired they want $2,600....my car has $34,000 miles on it...the inside of my doors are peeling...they want another $1,000 for that !..&the roof gets stuck half way when its really hot!

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Nov 112015

Eos

ABS, engine fault, and a whole cluster of lights came on suddenly when the brake was applied at a normal rate of speed (~40mph), with the wheels almost locking up (until brake was released). This caused a potentially extremely dangerous situation, and could have been much worse if there were cars in the next lane, which I had to quickly switch into, to avoid an abrupt braking by the car in front of me. This appears to be a common problem in these 2009 VW models, and we feel should be investigated further.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 282015

Eos

Intermittent brake, ABS and traction control lights come on while driving.

- Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA