2009 Volkswagen Eos electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Eos:

2009 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Sep 142016

Eos

I purchased my 2009 VW Eos from a dealeriship "as-is" and I have had to replace the maf sensor, throttlebody had to be serviced with in the first year of owning. Oil leaking from engine onto the water pump. Now, the ABS and traction electrical system is completely messed up and I can't drive it. Estimation of $2500 worth of work.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Eos

First thing to go on this car was the clutch pack could hear clanking noise when I was slowing down...had to replace.. next came the failed injector..I was driving the car smoke started coming out of the engine and the exchushed pipe car almost caught on fire fuel had leaded all over my engine..now the ABS unit needs to be repaired they want $2,600....my car has $34,000 miles on it...the inside of my doors are peeling...they want another $1,000 for that !..&the roof gets stuck half way when its really hot!

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Aug 282015

Eos

Intermittent brake, ABS and traction control lights come on while driving.

- Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA

May 152014

Eos

The leaking on this historically defective hardtop convertible has caused yet another problem. My vehicle was entirely flooded, and the dealer and manufacturer say it is nearly a total loss. This has been a continual problem since the model was introduced and Volkswagen has declined to deal with it. My particular car can be driven right now, but may stop running at any time due to the water that has seeped into vital parts, such as brakes and engine.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Jun 262012

Eos 4-cyl

Check engine light came on, when taken to dealership they say I have a faulty intake manifold runner and it needs to be replaced. If not the vehicle may/will stall. This same part was recalled in the 2006-2008 models of this vehicle and several others. Are the 2009 models affected? the vehicle has been maintained all maintenance has been done to manufacturers recommendations.

- Kerens, TX, USA

Jul 062009

Eos

2009 VW Eos - transmission failure in 56 miles. Mechatronics module failure claimed by service dept.

- Crown Point, IN, USA