2.5

2012 Volkswagen Eos engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Eos:

2012 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Nov 242016

Eos

My 2012 VW Eos had a tensioner chain jump 5 teeth with no warning. And now that is supposed to cost my over 4,000$ to repair according to the dealership I had it towed to from my house. I tried to start it and it just wouldn't start. I took it to the dealership, they sold me a new battery, charged me a couple hundred dollars to tell me that this faulty part is what caused it. The car only had about 80K miles on it with very regular servicing and I believe there is a systemic issue going on here. Please assist.

- Helotes, TX, USA

Oct 202015

Eos

I bought a used 2012 Eos in September of 2015. Since owning the car, I have had to replace all 4 ignition coils twice, in less than a year of owning this car. The first time happened 3 weeks after I bought the car. The vehicle is in motion, then fails to accelerate. It does not transition from the lower gears to the higher gears smoothly and I am constantly in fear of getting stranded.

- Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Dec 162015

Eos

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. While driving at approximately 35 mph, the vehicle jerked and the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle did not accelerate. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the cylinder one fuel injector was stuck open and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 67,000.

- Kingston, MA, USA

Feb 172015

Eos

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. While driving approximately 20 mph, the vehicle jerked forward and failed to accelerate as the check engine and epc warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that cylinders one and two misfired. As a result, the intake manifold and two ignition coils needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that cylinder four misfired and needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 28,000.

- Sewickley, PA, USA