7.9

2012 Volkswagen Eos seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Eos:

2012 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Mar 162016

Eos

Takata recall, I received a notice on 4-16-2016 that the takata airbag needed to be replaced in our Eos 2012 vehicle. I have been unable to get the fredericksburg VW dealership located at 5208 jefferson davis hwy, fredericksburg, va to replace the airbag. I have spoken to them on a number of occasions and have sent emails to others within VW but have been unable to get VW to replace my airbag.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 062016

Eos

My car is part of takata airbag recall. Dealer wil not repair or provide loaner vehicle. My safety and my family's safety is at serious risk. That is unacceptable. I tried selling the car but was offered ridiculously low value due to recall. So they won't fix it and further will penalize me financially when trying to trade it. I want my car fixed now or a loaner vehicle provided

- Stuart, FL, USA

Feb 092016

Eos 4-cyl

Takata recall on my VIN states: "recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available." If my vehicle is unsafe to drive as reported by takata safety risk, what is my next course of action since the recall is incomplete and remedy is not yet available?

- Moorpark, CA, USA

Feb 192016

Eos

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Sep 072016

Eos

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V483000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Orangeburg, SC, USA

Sep 072016

Eos

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V483000 (air bags) and 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Orangeburg, SC, USA

Apr 122016

Eos

Takata recall - even though VW published public notice of this air bag recall on April 12, 2016, we still haven't been notified of a scheduled replacement. We should be on a priority listing since we live in a sub-tropical climate (SC) and our vehicle is among the older installations (2012). We have never been contacted by VW.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA

Apr 042016

Eos

I called findlay VW in henderson nv to make appt to have airbag replaced. They said VW does not "have a remedy" and they have no idea when the air bag can be replaced. It is common knowledge VW is dragging their feet in replacing these takata airbags. I want to sell this car since I only bought it in 9/2015. Where can I get the airbag replaced" I have a three year platinum extended warranty thru that covers the airbags. I do not want to drive the car because of the danger. I have read where other manufacturers and replacing the airbags at a good steady pace except for VW, which doesn't seem to be replacing any. What gives? who can I seek recourse from"

- Henderson, NV, USA

Feb 012016

Eos

Takata recall. I leased this vehicle and then purchased it from the dealer. He sold it to me after the airbag issues were known and did not advise me of that before purchase. Also I have been given no date on which the deadly airbags will be fixed. I was notified in February 2016. I am afraid my car will be hit and the airbags will kill me. When is something going to be done to force VW to give its car owners a loaner until this issue is fixed?

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 012016

Eos

The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The manufacturer stated that the part was not available for repair. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Locus Valley, NY, USA

Feb 262016

Eos 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 09/14/16 updated 09/20/16.

- Vienna, VA, USA

Jul 092016

Eos

There are no parts available to replace the airbags that have been recalled and are a threat to life if they deploy. I bought out my lease two years ago and I believe they knew of this issue but let me buy the car anyway. Also, the recall just said the airbag didn't work properly, not that shards of metal could kill me if it deployed. I only learned this Saturday while at the dealer after I put over $300 fixing the start button and $700 putting on new tires. The dealer said he would buy my car for $12,000 only if I bought another VW. This car is a threat to my life and I don't want to drive it. Please take action so we are not forced to gamble with our lives while driving a vehicle we bought and maintained in good faith!

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 272016

Eos

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Coopersburg, PA, USA

Apr 052016

Eos 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect...updated 09/12/16 updated 09/21/16.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jun 262016

Eos

Takata recall, I cannot trade in my car until the recall is taken care of!!!

- Granite Bay, CA, USA

Feb 092016

Eos

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ocoee, FL, USA

May 272016

Eos 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Volkswagen Eos. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V285000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.....updated 07/05/16 updated 07/14/16. Updated 11/23/16.

- Locust Valley, NY, USA

May 052016

Eos

Received airbag recall notice from VW. Called local dealer was referred to VW America. VW is doing nothing for customers as NHTSA has not issued a do not drive order. How many deaths will it take to force VW into doing what is right for consumers or for NHTSA to issue a do not drive order?. if my wife drives her car, and is injured, I will be holding VW and the NHTSA responsible.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Apr 182016

Eos

Takata recall. I contacted VW today and they have refused to remove my vehicle from service and provide a rental or loaner vehicle until my car is repaired and safe to drive. Honda has provided loaner vehicles. What makes VW any different. As our primary mode of Transport, this VW should be required to be removed from service by the us government. This car is a potential death trap to my family!!

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jan 012016

Eos

"takata recall" VW is dragging their feet and pushing back on the NHTSA about this recall and the public is suffering over it. I called both douglas VW summit, NJ and VW of America Corp offices and no one knows when this will be available to fix. Meanwhile my wife rides around with a grenade in front of her. VW Corp refused me a loaner until they get this fix available. Meanwhile yet another tragic death in Texas from the shrapnel cutting the jugular vein and corroded artery of this poor girl. Who is next, while VW drags their feet. Recall notice was Dec 2015 or Jan 2016

- Morris Plains, NJ, USA