2014 Volkswagen Eos miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Eos:

2014 Volkswagen Eos Owner Comments

Oct 252015

I was driving on a highway on Sunday afternoon, October 25, when the glass sunroof of my car exploded & shattered out of nowhere & without any warning. Pieces of glass came down through the hole, showering my dog & I. I pulled to the side safely & call the police. Thank god the dog & I were not injured & I didn't injure other drivers. I didn't hit a pot hole & I didn't feel like I was hit by a rock or any object, I wasn't even near any overpasses. I contacted Volkswagen to ask how & why this could have happened for no reason. I was instructed to take the car to one of their dealerships in the area for inspection/investigation. I was told it is impossible to determine the cause of the damage. They could not conclude if the damage was due to external source or defect based on the inspection/investigation at the dealership. As such, Volkswagen refused to cover the cost of repair because there are no recalls of such problem & because my car is out of the warranty. I am so upset about this issue.

- Vineland, NJ, USA