2001 Volkswagen GTI accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen GTI:

2001 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Nov 012007

GTI 6-cyl

The heated leather seats in my 2001 Volkswagen Gti VR6 "overheat" and burnt the seat material. I often turned off the heaters as I felt they were getting too hot. The heaters ruined the seat material which I had to replace.

- Madison, AL, USA

Dec 062005

GTI 4-cyl

Driver's side heated seat burned a hole through seat cover and my pants, was able to turn the switch off without crashing. Volkswagen says I can pay for the diagnosis and repair as the item is not covered under warranty apparently as my car is a 2001, newer models with same seats are covered. I will be looking at repairing it myself if not covered.

- Watertown, MA, USA