1.8

2005 Volkswagen GTI body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volkswagen GTI:

2005 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

May 182012

GTI

I have a significant water leak in passenger side of hatchback interior, presumably related to rear sunroof drain recall. Did not receive any recall notice from VW in regards to the sunroof drain complaints, and just discovered the "water ingress settlement VIN lookup." My VIN was included, yet the recall date passed on 12/31/2011. I am unsatisfied that given the seriousness of the leak, and resulting damage to the interior of my vehicle, VW did not contact me for inspection/repairs. According to VW, my vehicle currently has no open recalls. However, this water leak renders my vehicle unusable during inclement weather, fogging up every window surface to the point my view is completely obstructed.

- Orlando, FL, USA