2006 Volkswagen GTI body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen GTI:

2006 Volkswagen GTI Owner Comments

Feb 172007

GTI 4-cyl

I own a 2006 VW Gti (new body style). The passenger door was damaged last week when I opened the door. From what I've gathered it looks like its a design flaw or manufacturer's defect. What has happened is water froze in the lower lead edge of the door area and caused damage to my door when it was opened. Here are the steps I have taken since the incident. The reason I'm reporting this is that I feel this is a safety hazard, if someone was to get into a car accident in this winter weather, its very possible that the door would have been unable to open due to ice accumulation in the jam/fender area.

- New Britain, CT, USA