2000 Volkswagen Golf accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Golf:

2000 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

May 172008

Golf GTI 4 cyl

This car has always had a musty odor which got worse. My wife began having mold allergy problems, and uses two inhalers. Noone ever figured out the problem which was that the drains for the sunroof were never connected. Water would collect under the carpet, and become moldy..so much so that I had to change clothes when coming in the house, or my wife would get sick. Today, my stepson and I tore the car apart and found incredible mold under the carpet, which was sopping wet. I have had the car to a VW dealer I can't count how many time, to no avail. I dont yet know if I will get rid of the smell, which is acrid and in all the upholstery. I had the interior professionally cleaned 3 times before I found the problem. After speaking to others who have the same problem, it appears VW ignores them. Maybe now my wife will get rid of the mystery illness we fought for so long.

- , Carolina, RI, USA