2000 Volkswagen Golf electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Golf:

2000 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Jul 052015

Golf 1.8L

click to see larger images

dome light wires melted dome light wires melted

I contacted Volkswagen and the customer care representative called Herve and the second customer care representative Khadeja and neither were very concerned at all about the potential fire hazard issue!! I asked for a contact number for a supervisor only to be told by Khadeja that her supervisor are only capable of making the same decisions as she does so I ask to speak to someone who can make a decision and are even remotely interested and she says no!

Khadeja did suggest I get a diagnostic at my expense and Volkswagen may or may not pay some repairs if they deem it is their fault.

So I suggest VW covers the cost of the diagnostic and I am informed VW is " not in a position to pay for that" lol really? Again I ask for a number or address for the current president of the Volkswagen Canada corporation and she says No. I have been searching for someway to reach someone, anyone who actually is concerned about a potential fire hazard!

If anyone has a number I can use I would appreciate the help.

- , Hampton, ON, Canada