1. wait while VW tries to figure it out (1 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Golf transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Golf:

2003 Volkswagen Golf Owner Comments

Jul 282005

Okay... so I bought the car brand spanking new. Possibly a few miles on it from test drives. What happens is every once in a while it sounds like my transmission is slipping and a loud BANG sound when it's trying to shift. This only happens at certain times, usually when I come to an almost stop (like at a stop sign), and then hit the gas. It's only at slow speeds like this when there's a problem, but I can't imagine this is good for the car! So I told the VW dealer and they said they've gotten complaints about it, and that their "working" on solving the problems (that was a year and a half ago.... no news yet). They put me on a list to contact me when the problem is solved.... but obviously with no call, they're too stupid to fix the problem. I was also told that a 2001 or 2002 Jetta was having the same problem, but instead of it being occasionally, it was happening EVERY time they went into reverse! And the problem still isn't solved...... Don't by a VW. There's electrical problems with the radios in the 2002 Jetta's as well (my friend and my sister had the same problem. My sisters was fixed while my friends changed her radio 8 times... they say they've figured out the problem THIS time, we'll see). VW don't get great gas mileage (my boyfriend's Toyota Camry gets better gas mileage than my little Golf), and they're a piece of junk.

- , Plainville, CT, USA