1. you can replace the part (1 reports)
1997 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Volkswagen Jetta:

1997 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 282006

Jetta GT

My door trim began falling off at 50k miles. I glued, epoxied, taped, caulked, and even used JB Weld to try to get it to stay. I went to the dealer to see if they had suggestions, and they said buy new trim. There trim pieces cost around $100 each, and they come unpainted. So you have to get the dealer to paint them to match. (MY CAR IS SO FADED THAT IT WOULD NEVER MATCH. The dealer told me my paint fading was a result of "that hot Georgia sun".) The driver's rear door piece fell of in my driveway and is currently in my trunk. The piece for the driver's door fell off on the highway, and I could not find it. My car looks so horrible.

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA