1. rebuild transmission (1 reports)
1997 Volkswagen Jetta transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Volkswagen Jetta:

1997 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 282006

Jetta GT

At first my car shifted hard from first to second, now it is from park/neutral/stopped to first. My car is an automatic and it rolls backwards at stop lights before engaging! I had a mechanic look at it, and he said the only way to fix it would be to rebuild the transmission. He said my fluid is very dark, and the seals are bad. This will cost more than the car is worth. ONCE THIS CAR HIT 50k MILES IT WENT TO HELL! At first the problems were small and insignificant, but they are getting increasingly worse! I have documentation for every service/maintenance/repair I have ever had done to the car. I have taken extremely good care of it. I do not understand why it is dying!

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA