$2,000.00

1. replacement (1 reports)
1998 Volkswagen Jetta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Volkswagen Jetta:

1998 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

May 142000

Jetta GL 2.0L

Car was making a clunking noise in front, brought it to the VW dealership, after warranty expired, and they told me that the left axle needs to be completely replaced. Then after I agreed to do this, expensive/almost deadly repair, they again said it was my driving. But after taking it out, they showed me it was a defect from factory, but I still had to pay. Go figure....

Update from Oct 31, 2013: *axle