8.0

1. covered under warranty, recall as well (1 reports)
  2. replace window regulator (1 reports)
1999 Volkswagen Jetta windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Volkswagen Jetta:

1999 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Aug 182010

Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0L

Three of the window regulators became inoperative in a 2 month period after buying the car. 2 of them broke in the middle of winter whilst driving to work, so i had to drive with -20 wind and flurry blowing in my face! I fixed the drivers side window, and within a month it broke again, even on the newer metal clip.

Not impressed with VW at the moment, especially because they have had a good track record in their other models, just not this one.

- , Calgary, AB, canada

Jul 272003

Jetta

First my driver's side window falls off the track while I am attempting to roll it up. The window weighs about 10lbs and it sits on a 3oz plastic clip and some thin wires, HORRIBLE. It cost $394.78 to fix it. So 3 months passes and my PASSENGER side window does the same damn thing! I had my boyfriend take it this time to a different dealership and get an estimate. They tell HIM that there is a RECALL on the windows and it will be free of charge. The service manager told my boyfriend that the memo has been out for at least 6 months, and that I should go back to the other dealership and get a full refund. It has been 6 months since I have got my 1st window fixed and still no refund. I wrote several letters to both the dealership (that won't give back my money) and the corporation on Volkswagen. Of course no response so I filed a compliance case against Volkswagen.

- , Salinas, CA, USA