2. live with it or have someone redo the electrical system (2 reports)
2000 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Jetta:

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 012011

Jetta Vr6

I got the car in 2011, and didn't even know they were supposed to work. They never worked since I've had it.

- , Hudson, USA

Aug 152013

It flickers on and off randomly. If I turn the lights on and off, sometimes it goes away, other times, it does nothing.

- , Eglin AFB, FL, USA

Dec 102008

It works sometimes. I've learned where everything is now anyway since I'm used to it never working.

- , Magnolia, NJ, USA

Oct 012001

Jetta GLS

I don't remember how early on this happened exactly, but the car was fairly new (like in that range where your warranty has just expired but you still like the car). I mentioned it when I had the car in to the dealer and was basically told to live with it unless I wanted to take apart the front electrical system on my own dime. So, 7 years later, I've memorized which dial controls which function, but guests in my car have to freeze or beg for help. I'm thinking of installing braille.

- , Edina, MN, USA

Jun 242006

Jetta GLS

Again one of the many annoying things that have gone wrong in my car and will cost me an arm to fix.

- , Salt Lake City, UT, USA