8.0

1. had dealer replace rear caliper (1 reports)
2000 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Jetta:

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 292003

Jetta GS

Just had to take my 2000 Jetta in because of some brake noise in the back end. I just replaced my rear brakes about 6 months ago so I was a little disturbed to already be having problems (for some reason the back brakes went way before the front brakes). Anyway, the shop specializes in VW's, Audi's etc and let me know that I had a bad caliper on the the passenger back side and would have to be replaced. The VW replacement caliper was $239.00 for the part alone!!! The manager told me that after the 2000 body changeover he has seen many, many Jettas with the same problem and he believes VW is sending out bad calipers on many cars.

- , New Albany, IN, USA