4.3

2001 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 282003

Jetta 4-cyl

Interior console paint peeling, fabric fading, engine rattle noise, window actuator failure and noise, thermastat, fuel door actuator, seat springs snap, brake pad excessive wear, A/C runs hot.

- Leonardtown, MD, USA

Apr 022003

Jetta 6-cyl

Back brakes and rotors had to be replaced on my 2001 Jetta glx V6 which was purchased 08/01. I only had 23,000 miles on the car! at my 20,000 mile service no problems were mentioned. My check engine light came on too. I had to have my O2 sensor replaced under warranty. The warranty did not cover the brakes. I do not ride the brakes. 1 month after I bought the car I noticed that when I start it in the morning it makes a sound like and old junky car would. I had it to the dealer twice for this and they said its nothing and that's the way a V6 sounds! it only does it on the first start of the day. I am afraid it will end up being some very expensive problem in the future. 9 months after I had the car the arm rest came apart and had to be fixed under warranty. I will never buy another Volkswagen again and I would not recommend them to my friends who are md's and rn's and can afford nice cars.

- Towson , MD, USA

Jan 262002

Jetta

Consumer states that when starting the vehicle the alarm sounds and horn goes off and lights flash on and off for about 10 minutes. This also happens when opening doors to exit the vehicle. Also the illuminated entry and the power door locks were not working. The dealer has replaced wiring and relay in the doors, the radio ignition switch, and door lock, however the problem still exists. The dealer now states that there is nothing further they can do. Nlm front bumer pulled loose. Bumper and lower facia reinstalled.

- Sacramento, CA, USA