8.7

2. never fixed, 4 mechanics tried to fix it (1 reports)
2001 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jul 032010

Jetta

My car stalled in the fast lane on the highway and almost cost me my life. By the grace of God I wasn't killed

- , Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 122002

Jetta GLS

There is no solution. VW can't figure out what they problem is so they just keep replacing defective parts. Several others have had the same problems on models as old as 1996. First they replaced an air intake valve. Then they replaced on 02 sensor. Now they are replacing one of four defective engine coils. They can't replace all 4 because there is a shortage and I only have one broken one at the moment. What happens when my warranty runs out next week?

- , Albany, NY, USA

Nov 232006

Jetta GLX V6

I purchased my 2001 Jetta GLX in 2002 it was certified pre-owned. Within the first week I had engine stalling and bucking problems. The dealership refused to acknowledge the problem and was left stranded with my one year old in his car seat. Since then it has been towed 3 times and has randomly stalled hundreds of times. I have had 4 mechanics including two from VW service centers look at it and no one could resolve this problem. I filed complaints with the BBB and consumer affairs as well as VW and all complaints were dismissed because dialogs were open between us and the dealer. VWs are the absolute worst vehicles to purchase, extremely poor quality and a company that does not care about their customers. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND!!!!!!!!

- , Easton, MA, USA