9.2

2002 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta:

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 012003

Jetta 6-cyl

Engine failure, radio failure, window wouldn't roll back up, vibrating speakers. W service shop failed to correct conditions on several occasions.

- Whitestone, NY, USA

Nov 152003

Jetta 4-cyl

I have a 2002 1.8T Volkswagen Jetta - I have experienced numerous failures. 1)radio has failed twice - in each instance fault was traced to a fuse - following radio failure I experienced repeated dead batteries until the radio was repaired. 2) ABS failure detected when I was getting my radio fixed the second time 3)vehicle has failed to start on two occasions - I wait a minute and try again - it worked 4)my window fell into the door 5)I experienced an activation of numerous engine fault lights that reset following engine restart 6)the coating on interior door handle surfaces peels off easily 7)the chrome ring around the shift know is peeling.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

May 161997

Jetta 4-cyl

I had both the passenger side window and the driver side window fall into the door frame within a matter of months. Both times the windows were fixed, however, they were reluctant to fix the problem as if it had been my fault. I have a small child and I don't think he appreciates asphyxiation from so much wind in his face on the long drives to the dealer to be replaced. This is just one of the problems on this car, the clutch gets stuck (repaired twice), the sunroof trim broke off and needed to be replaced, the engine makes a rattling noise when shifting (fixed twice), stereo system swallowed my cd (twice before new system installed), and air conditioning releases an awful moldy smell when turned on which dealer refuses to attempt to fix. Bought car in valencia Volkswagen in valencia, ca. Solution simple, traded in my 1yr old car for a better car, one that works!

- Palmdale, CA, USA

May 242002

Jetta

This is follow-up to a telephone complaint filed 5/13/02. I was told by carolyn that I would be receiving a form in the mail to sign. It has been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't heard from anyone. The dealer refused to honor the recall #02V031000 free of charge. They claim that I have to pay $78 for them to cut a "K-wire" since the orig. Radio was replaced with a cd player/radio. The service manager (eric axford) confirmed this on 5/13. I then called volkswagon of America where I was told by kari stadler that the dealer could charge for the "free of charge" recall. That is when I filed the complaint with you. Please let me know what is being done I when I can expect the recall to be honored. Thanks.

- San Diego, CA, USA