2002 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta:

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 102006

2002 VW Jetta with what is becoming a common problem. While driving the A/C unit stopped working. All items were checked and no obvious sign of leak, electrical problem or other was found. Dealer wanted to replace all items in the A/C system. Upon further research it was found that the ac clutch is held on by a nylon nut and these are not able to function without this flawed design. A search on any VW discussion board will provide hundreds of complaint about this substandard design. This was a design/manufacturing flaw and need to be addressed by VW. How many other consumers paid for a new A/C system (fan, compressor, clutch ect.) when all that is needed is a properly manufactured clutch. I believe that this design was only in existence for 2 years and was replaced by VW. Shouldn't they have to answer to all of the consumers about this design. This part is also found a lot of time by VW technicians when they remove the protective belly pan. This is a similar problem to window regulator recall where the used a plastic clip instead of metal.

- Unicoi, TN, USA

Jan 292003

Jetta 4-cyl

The coils on my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta gls 1.8T are burning out. Volkswagen of America has informed me that rather than replace all 4 coils, I must wait until each coil burns out before they will replace it. I have a letter from them as well stating they are aware of the problem but can not do anything more about it due to a lack of coils in stock. I guess the letter is a way to shut the customers up. Apparently this is happening to over 500,000 people last I heard. I want this complaint logged and a personal note added and directed to Volkswagen of America (if possible), "I will not renew my lease on this lemon and I will never purchase another Volkswagen again." The coil issue is just one of the issues I'm having with this vehicle. The date below is the last time I went in for coil replacement and got to work late.

- North Bergen, NJ, USA