6.0

2002 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta:

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 012009

Jetta 1.8L T

The bottom of the driver's seat won't heat at all or else the extreme right side over heats. It has burnt a hole in the upholstery and melted the foam underneath, affecting the appearance of the fabric above. I consider this to not only be uncomfortable (having to do without heating my seat or else burning it), but it is clearly a safety risk. I haven't called my VW dealer yet, but I will soon. I'm wondering if any others have experienced this problem with this model and year. Another web site reports a 2003 Jetta to have this same problem.

- , Story City, IA, USA