5.0

2003 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta:

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Mar 012010

Jetta GLS 1.8L

I'm looking for someone to tell me what the hell is going on. Is this something expensive. It seems the issue started after we had our car fixed - it was returned with the auto locks not working and the roof has been having it's ghosts issues ever since.

I am hoping mad - HELP

- , Glendale, CA, USA

Sep 192007

Jetta 1.8T

This has happened probably 7-10 times over the last 6 months. It's more of a funny annoyance than a real problem, but my stupid sunroof will open ON ITS OWN completely randomly while I'm driving. I'm always on the highway driving over 60 when it happens, but other than that I've noticed no similarities between all the instances. Sometimes I've just started driving, sometimes I've been driving for an hour, sometimes I have the radio on, sometimes the windows are open... it's crazy! It's not the full sunroof, but the vent part that opens, and I usually close it right back, but yesterday it closed itself after about 10 seconds. My only concern is that I won't hear it open one day and it'll rain while my car is parked outside.

- , Huntsville, AL, USA