2003 Volkswagen Jetta cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta:

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 092009

Just bought this Jetta used with about 75,000 miles on it, and the very next day, BAM!, the check engine light kicked on! Well, I took it to my local autozone and they told me I had a problem with the coolant system, but that is as specific as Volkswagen gets! Quite frankly, it could have been anything! Well, I took it to my local mechanic and he told me it was a thermostat problem, and I had it replaced for $250.00. Of course, he reset the engine light and everything was A.O.K for about a week. Well, being it is getting close to winter here in Pennsylvania, I rarely use the air conditioner at this time during the year. However, just yesterday I went to turn the air conditioner on, and the check engine light came on again. Not quite sure what that was in reference to, but I believe I still may have "my problem" with the coolant system.

Just a word of advise to all of you who have the notorious check engine lights come on in your Volkswagen's.... GOOD LUCK! I love my car, but if I keep having the headaches I have been having with this vehicle, its gone... im not screwing with it much longer!

- , Berwick, PA, USA